Nearly half of all Americans suffer from back pain. There are many factors which may contribute to this problem.
One is poor posture.
Another is an inadequate supply of the minerals needed to build healthy bones and connective tissue. These include calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper, silicon and boron.
However, there is a third factor which few people take into consideration—kidney weakness.
Here’s how it happens:
Americans as a whole are heavy protein eaters. When the body burns protein for fuel it creates waste acids, such as uric acid, in the process of utilizing the protein. The kidneys have the job of filtering this acid waste out of the blood. If the kidneys are too weak to perform this job then the acids build up in the blood. This acid waste is an irritant to the tissues, so the body seeks to neutralize it by “stealing” calcium and other minerals from the bones and connective tissues. Hence, we wind up with arthritis, osteoporosis and other structural system breakdowns.
Applied kinesiologists have linked the energy of the kidney meridian with the psoas muscle. This is a major muscle which holds the pelvis stable. When the kidneys weaken, the psoas muscle weakens. This causes the pelvis to tip, making one hip higher than the other. Since the spine rests on the pelvis, it sits on an uneven foundation. Hence, muscles in the back must “tense up” to try to keep the spine straight. The result is curvature or scoliosis of the spine and accompanying back pain due to the constricted blood flow into the back muscles.
KB-C The Chinese have a traditional formula designed for this exact problem, KB-C. K stands for kidneys and B for bones. The Chinese name of this formula, Jian Gu, means to “strengthen the bones.” Its constituents are designed to improve kidney function and bring greater strength and flexibility to the structural system. This combination has been used historically for low back pain, weakness of the knees and ankles, impotence, sciatic nerve pain, scoliosis or curvature of the spine, osteoporosis, arthritis, fractures and other similar structural problems.
Here are just a few of the herbs in this formula. Eucommia is a Chinese herb used for back pain, weakness of the lower body, high blood pressure, impotence, premature ejaculation and frequent urination. Rehmannia is used for back pain, thirst and kidney weakness. Another herb, Morinda, has been historically used in China for arthritis, impotence, infertility, strengthening the bones and sinews, premature ejaculation, difficulty walking and as a kidney tonic. These are typical of the actions attributed to the herbs in this formula.
A Simple Program for Eliminating Back Pain
So, understanding this problem, here’s a simple program that many people have found very effective in completely eliminating their back pain.
1. Take KB-C to strengthen the kidney function.
2. Decrease consumption of heavy protein foods such as red meat, fish, chicken, eggs, dairy products and even tofu. In fact, when suffering from acute back pain it may be best to completely eliminate these foods for a few days. It is also beneficial to eliminate soda pop from the diet as this puts tremendous stress on the kidneys.
3. Drink six to eight cups of pure water each day to make sure the kidneys have sufficient water to flush the waste acids from the body. Make sure the water you are drinking is pure. Tap water usually does not do the job. Juices, teas, coffee, sodas and milk are not substitutes for water. They don’t count as part of your six to eight cups.
4. It may also be beneficial to take some minerals to help strengthen the bones and connective tissue. Skeletal Strength, Calcium with Magnesium, Chelated Cell Minerals.HSN-W or Mineral Chi Tonic may all be helpful in this regard.
5. MEDICAL MASSAGE FROM FOUR WINDS: Contact Four Winds and ask for our signature Medical Massage that has helped so many of our customers relief pain and lead healthier well balanced lifestyles.Or do some simple stretching and/or self-massage exercises each day to strengthen the muscles and loosen the joints. Begin by vigorously massaging the area just inside your hip bones on your abdomen. Also vigorously massage the muscles of the buttocks and the lower back. Then slowly and gently stretch your spine in all directions (sort of like a cat getting up from a nap). Do the same thing with your neck if you are prone to neck pain and headaches. You may need the assistance of a good massage therapist or chiropractor in getting started.