Mangosteen + hibiscus healthy granola
This delightful homemade granola is as easy to make as serving cereal from a box, and it is tastier, healthier, and you can be as creative as you would like. I love incorporating little adaptogens, superfoods and nutrients that are extremely beneficial to the body on an every day basis and the taste is widely hidden here , so it is wonderful for kids.... Enjoy the recipe.:
Serves: about 16 - 20 small servings
* 4 - 5 cups of old fashioned gluten free rolled oats
* 1-2 cups of any type of nut or seed ( walnuts, pecans, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds etc.)
* 1 cup of any raw, sugar free, unglazed, dried fruits ( chopped ) , (apples, cherries, raisins, apricots, dates, figs etc.)
* 1 teaspoon of sea salt
* 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extra (optional)
* 1/2 cup of olive oil
* 1/2 cup of maple syrup
* 2 full teaspoons of Anima Mundi's Beautifying Mangosteen and Hibiscus powder.
Be creative and add any additional ingredient that you might think could be beneficial to your diet.
Mix your oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruits in a large bowl. Add the salt, cinnamon, mangosteen + hibiscus and stir until well mixed. Add the olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well until all the oats are fully covered and glazed in the mix. Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees. Glaze some ceramic or glass baking pans with olive oil to avoid the oats from sticking. Pour the mix into the baking pans layering it in thin layers so that the oats can bake properly. Place it in the even for about 20 - 30 minutes stirring regularly until the oats are Golden. Take out of the oven and let cool down. I place my oats in large glass jars, but any glass container is perfect ( no plastic please ). Serve with warm or cold almond, cashew, or any nut milk.